The Special Needs Child and Divorce: Considerations for Parents and Professionals
Thursday, January 24, 2019, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Presented by Micki Moran, J.D.
An interactive Webinar that will discuss the unique and challenging issues that families and proessionals confront in the process of divorce when there is a child who has special needs. This webinar will focus on key considerations and provide a checklist for parents and professionals. (e.g. therapists, social workers, special educators). The following topics will be discussed:
- Parenting Plans
- Support and concerns related to the extraordinary needs that often exist when caring for a disabled child
- Care Giving
- Health Insurance
- Maintenance-Potential limitations on employment and support
- School Issues, Decision Making, School Residency Concerns
- Allocation of Decision Making
- Thinking Ahead-issues of support and decision making for adult children with disabilities
- Future Planning-considerations in divorce
- Government Benefits and the impact of divorce
- Examples of specific cases
- Q & A
Speaking Engagments and Presentations:
Franczek Radelet's 2019 School Law Conference
February 1, 2019
Micki Moran will participate on a panel discussion:
"We Have to Talk: Strategies for Working with Parents of Students Who are a Danger to Themselves or Others"